1. Google hangouts. I forgot to mention this last week, but Samantha, Beth and I had our second Google hangouts session to talk about blog life and life in general. It's such an encouragement to bounce ideas off other bloggers and brainstorm together. We are making this a monthly thing so that we can hold each other accountable on our goals and dreams.
2. Interior design skills. I went over to a friend's house and helped with picking paint colors and giving some design advice for her daughter's birthday present...a bedroom makeover! It's fun to put my interior design degree to some use, even if it is just picking out pillows and paint colors. ;)
3. Core group. We studied John 11 this week, and I now view the story of Lazarus' death and resurrection in a completely different light. If you have some time, take a listen to this sermon on the passage. "Love means giving us what we need most. And what we need most is not healing, but a full and endless experience of the glory of God."
4. Cow Appreciation Day. For the third year in a row, my coworkers and I dressed up as cows, loaded up in my car, and headed to Chick-fil-A for some free lunch! It's a great bonding time. Haha!
5. Kayak adventures. The fam and I went kayaking on Saturday at a new spot. It was nice to be out on the water, but my arms and back were so sore Sunday morning!
-- Katniss and Hermione in the same place at the same time?? How did this happen? I wish I'd been there too!
-- That's it. I'm taking my next vacation in Chile and floating in the largest swimming pool on earth for a week.
-- I love this article on What We Get Wrong About 'Finding God's Will'
-- This vintage postcard mobile is my favorite!
-- Have you heard of Skillshare? Great classes on hand lettering, graphic design, logo design, plus many many more. You can enter to win a lifetime membership now through August 12th. :)
YOU MAY HAVE MISSED
garden of the gods.
the circly july 2014 | what's in my bag?
music & lyrics | ed sheeran + a giveaway
holders not folders | LOCAL
WHAT DID YOU DO LAST WEEKEND?
Every Monday Oak+Oats hosts a link up called Week's End! It is a place for you to link up your favorite post from the week and meet new bloggers. I love community and think that we can all learn something from each other! This week I am co-hosting!
|This post from Abiding Marriage was the favorite from last week! Will yours be next?|
1. Link up ANY POST from last week!
2. Make sure it is a POST and not your BLOG URL. We love your blog but we want you to share a post.
3. Click on one, two, three, or more posts and LEAVE ENCOURAGING COMMENTS. The whole point of this is to find new blogs, make new friends, and all that good stuff! You MUST read the post right before yours and comment.
4. Follow Oak + Oats and Rivers & Roads