When I was at Harry Potter World last December, I experienced the deliciousness of Butter Beer for the first time, and it was the most delicious beverage in all the land. I'd dreamed of it ever since reading through the books and was dying to see what it tasted like. We were big fans of the frozen version and shared several throughout our day at Universal Studios. Ever since that trip, I've wanted to try and create my own little version of this yummy frozen drink. A couple of weeks ago, I finally gave it a go and think it turned out pretty great, if I do say so myself. ;) Next on the bucket list? Meet up with Harry, Ron, and Hermione for a cup of Butter Beer in Hogsmeade. #dreamscancometrue
2 Cups Ice
1/4 Gallon Vanilla Ice Cream
16oz. Cream Soda
6oz. Butterscotch Syrup
1 Tub Cool Whip
1. Put the ice into the blender followed by the vanilla ice cream. Blend until smooth, but try not to over-blend as this tends to make your mixture too soupy.
2. Pour one to one and a half cans of cream soda in the blender and mix.
3. Add 6oz. of butterscotch in the blender and mix one final time.
4. Taste test. You may prefer to add more butterscotch or more cream soda, but that is up to you. Before serving, I suggest sticking the Butter Beer in the freezer for about 10 minutes to let it thicken up.
5. Pour into your favorite glass, top it off with a spoonful of cool whip, stick a cut straw in, and enjoy!